More community groups, clubs and organisations can apply for Devonport City Council financial grants, with new categories in the funding guidelines.
Devonport Mayor, Annette Rockliff, said the new categories for Council’s 2022/23 Community Financial Assistance Scheme include health and wellbeing, our culture, our environment, festivals, and events.
Cr Rockliff said applicants have until Thursday, 25 August to apply for amounts of up to $25,000 with co-funding requirements for equipment and requests of $7,500 and up.
“This is such a great opportunity for our community groups, clubs and organisations to put their hand up for financial support,” Cr Rockliff said.
“The new categories mean more applicants have a chance to secure funding, but they need to apply online via Council’s website, or they can download a form, or head into see our friendly Customer Service team.
“It’s such an honour for Council to provide support to our community groups, and over the years the funding recipients have been quite diverse.”
Cr Rockliff said major and minor grant applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Demonstrate need and benefit.
- Alignment to Council’s priorities.
- Evidence of community support, partnership or consultation.
- Increasing self-sufficiency of organisations and/or project outcomes.
- Demonstrate good value for money which shows the contribution of the organisation (and/or others) applying to the project or activity through cash and/or in-kind; and purchase of goods and services from local businesses
- Capacity of the applicant (and/or partners) to complete the project.
- Evidence that the organisation and/or the project supports inclusive participation and/or promotes equality.
- Evidence that the organisation (and/or the project) demonstrates sound environmental practices.
Cr Rockliff said that applicants will be notified about 5 to 6 weeks after the 25 August deadline.
To find out more about Council’s 2022/23 Community Financial Assistance Scheme, or to apply online, visit: https://www.devonport.tas.gov.au/live/your-community/grants/major-minor-grants/
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your application, contact Danielle on 6424 0591 or email [email protected] or call our Customer Service team on 6424 0511.
Photo: Devonport Mayor Annette Rockliff and Community Services Administration Officer Danielle O’Brien are calling for Devonport community groups, clubs and organisations to apply for the latest round of Council’s 2022/23 Community Financial Assistance Scheme.