Special Committees under Section 24
Council has established a number of Special Committees under Section 24 of the Local Government Act 1993, to allow Council to collaborate and engage with the community in relation to specific areas of interest.
The Access and Inclusion Working Group membership will comprise:
- Two (2) Councillors
- Stakeholders with knowledge and experience across the main categories of disability, that is, physical, sensory, psychiatric, neurological, cognitive, and intellectual impairment.
The Working Group will:
- Support Council staff achieve the objectives of the Disability Inclusion Plan 2020-2025
- Provide advice to Council on matters relating to persons with disabilities
- Provide advice on access and inclusion policy development
- Support efforts to attract funding and other resources in accordance with identified needs and strategic direction
The Public Art Committee is to support Council to achieve the strategic objectives as outlined in the Strategic Plan.
The Committee is to provide advice to Council on the planning, development promotion and accessibility of public art,as an integral part of Devonport’s cultural life
The Devonport Regional Gallery Advisory Committee is to support Council achieve the strategic objectives as outlined in the Strategic Plan.
The Committee is to provide advice to Council on the development, promotion, and accessibility of the visual arts, as an integral part of Devonport’s cultural life, with a particular focus on the activities for the Devonport Regional Gallery. It excludes advice regarding public art.
The East Devonport Special Interest Group provides advice to Council about the future development of East Devonport.
Major projects supported or initiated:
- Delivery of Strategic Actions of the East Devonport Community Plan
- East Devonport Bike Safety Park
- East Devonport Public Art
- East Devonport Retail Precinct rebrand – Eastside Village
- Mary Binks Wetlands
- East Devonport all abilities beach access ramp
- East Devonport outdoor fitness equipment
- East Devonport Retail Strategy