Work Experience with Devonport City Council provides real life experiences that cannot be gained in the classroom.
Devonport City Council actively supports local secondary schools, TAFE, job seekers and tertiary institutions by hosting work placement opportunities.
We actively support work experience programs that are arranged as a part of a recognised program or course of study, including:
- School work experience programs
- TasTAFE work experience programs or compulsory work placements
- University work experience programs or compulsory work placements
- Government labour market and community based work experience programs
- Recognised rehabilitation programs
How to apply for Work Experience at Devonport City Council
All requests should be made by completing the Work Experience Request Form(DOC, 55KB). Please provide adequate notice, at minimum of one month ahead of your requested dates, to enable coordination of your request.
Your request should include:
- Requested length of placement, start and finish dates
- Preferred hours of work (ie. if you have a reduced capacity for hours of work)
- Preferred days of work (ie. if five consecutive days over two weeks; or if one day a week for six weeks)
- Work area of interest
- Year of schooling or certificate currently being undertaken
- Copy of the insurance certificate of currency from the educational institution or rehabilitation provider – to ensure cover of the student for the period of work experience with Council.
- Any special needs or support to accommodate placement.
Please email your enquiry to email@example.com
If you are a student interested in participating in work experience, please discuss this with your teacher, as all work experience requests must be organised through your school. We cannot make direct arrangements with students. Similarly, requests for placements relating to rehabilitation opportunities should be requested through your approved provider.
We regret that we cannot provide work experience that is not school-based or does not conform with recognised rehabilitation programs due to legislative or insurance limitations.