Due to the State emergency response to COVID-19, until further notice, Council is able to allow 10 members of the public to attend Council meetings.
Members of the public who would like to attend the meeting, must register by phoning Council’s Executive Officer on 03 6424 0511. You will receive confirmation of your attendance by email. Registrations will open once the agenda is available on the website, and close at 12noon on the day of the meeting. Due to the limited number of attendees available, registrations will not be taken in advance.
Public Questions may be submitted in the following ways:
- Question on Notice – in accordance with Council’s Public Question Time Policy, a member of the public may give written notice to the General Manger at least 7 days before an ordinary Council meeting, of a question to be asked at that meeting. The question and a proposed response (if appropriate) will be included on the agenda for the scheduled meeting. Questions may be lodged by:
- Mail: PO Box 604, Devonport 7310
- Email: email@example.com
- Question Without Notice – questions without notice may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org up until 12 noon on the day of the meeting. Please note the following in accordance with the Public Question Time Policy:
- A maximum of 30 minutes will be set aside for questions at the meeting;
- Questions without notice should include your name and address;
- A maximum of 2 questions per person are permitted, however if time permits, a third question may be asked;
- Questions should be succinct and lengthy preamble will not be read;
- There may be times when a question cannot be answered at the meeting due to requiring further research or clarification – in such cases the question will be taken on notice and a response provided in writing.
To assist with current social distancing requirements, the Mayor will read all questions without notice submitted for each meeting.
In addition, printed copies of the agenda will typically not be provided, however by request to email@example.com, consideration will be given in specific cases where the document cannot be obtained electronically.
Section 23 Committee Meetings are suspended until further notice with all relevant business to be considered at monthly Ordinary Council Meetings.
These arrangements enable Council to continue to meet its legislative and decision-making obligations and to provide opportunity for community engagement where possible.
Council meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, 27 July 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 24 August 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 28 September 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 26 October 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 23 November 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 21 December 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 25 January 2021 | 5:30pm
- Tuesday, 22 February 2021 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 22 March 2021 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 26 April 2021 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 24 May 2021 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 28 June 2021 | 5:30pm