Due to the State emergency response to COVID-19, until advised otherwise, Council Meetings will now be held via video conference. Section 23 Committee Meetings are suspended until further notice with all relevant business to be considered at monthly Ordinary Council Meetings. A recording of the meeting will be available the following day on Council’s website.
The meeting agenda will be available on Council’s website four days prior to the meeting. Printed copies of the agenda will not be provided.
Members of the public will not be permitted to attend meetings in person or virtually, however Council is committed to ensuring meetings remain accessible and transparent, therefore questions may still be submitted in the following ways:
- As a Question on Notice – in accordance with Council’s Public Question Time Policy, a member of the public may give written notice to the General Manager at least 7 days before an ordinary Council meeting, of a question to be asked at that meeting. The question and a proposed response (if appropriate) will be included on the agenda for the scheduled meeting. Questions may be lodged by:
- Mail: PO Box 604, Devonport 7310
- Email: email@example.com
- As a Question Without Notice – questions without notice may be submitted via email to Council@devonport.tas.gov.au up until 12 noon on the day of the meeting. The Mayor will read these questions at the meeting on behalf of the author. Please note the following in accordance with the Public Question Time Policy:
- a maximum period of 30 minutes will be set aside for questions at the meeting;
- questions without notice should include your name and address;
- a maximum of 2 questions per person are permitted, however if time permits, a third question may be asked;
- questions should be succinct and lengthy preamble will not be read ;
- there may be times when a question cannot be answered at the meeting due to requiring further research or clarification – in such cases the question will be taken on notice and a response provided in writing.
Council meetings will continue in this format for as long as necessary. The arrangements we have put in place will enable us to continue to meet our legislative obligations and to provide opportunity for community engagement where possible.
Council meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, 22 July 2019 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 26 August 2019 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 23 September 2019 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 28 October 2019 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 25 November 2019 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 16 December 2019 | 5:30pm
- Tuesday, 28 January 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 24 February 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 23 March 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 27 April 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 25 May 2020 | 5:30pm
- Monday, 22 June 2020 | 5:30pm