Devonport will be a thriving and welcoming regional City living lightly by river and sea.
- Strong, thriving and welcoming – Devonport is a regional leader with a strong economy. It is a great place to live, work and play.
- Valuing the past, caring for the present, embracing the future – We have been shaped by a rich cultural heritage and enthusiastically embrace present challenges and future opportunities.
- Engaging with the world – We have an outward focus and send quality products and experiences to the world. We welcome all to share our beautiful City and all it offers.
- Living lightly by river and sea – We live lightly on our valued natural environment of clean rivers, waterways, beaches; rich agricultural land and coastal landscapes, so future generations can also enjoy this special place.
Devonport City Council is a values-based organisation. Values are the underlying attitudes that consistently affect all of our actions and decision-making processes.
We aim to make these values consistent across the entire organisation by the ongoing development of our staff.
- Leadership – We will embrace a culture of leadership founded on respect, professionalism and integrity, to ensure we make strategic decisions today for tomorrow.
- Customer Satisfaction – We will strive to consistently engage and communicate with our internal and external customers to meet desired outcomes.
- Our People – We will respectfully work together by recognising each others talents, skills, experience and knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement – We will continually evaluate current practices and changing needs to foster an adaptive and innovative environment.
- Results and Accountability – We will be results focused and take pride in our successes and efforts and be accountable for our actions.
A commitment to excellence in leadership and service.