The Devonport Cenotaph is located on the eastern bank of the Mersey River beside the walking track. Occasionally locals can be found in the area fishing.
The Cenotaph was built in 1922 to commemorate those who have who lost their lives in action in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved. The fountain was funded by Alderman Bill Wilson Snr around 1969 to replace a Band Rotunda which was built in 1913 and demolished in 1967. In 1975 it was further developed as a sundial timepiece.
The monument was originally erected in memory of those from the area who lost their lives in World War One and lists the names of the fallen from that conflict. Additional plaques have been added to the memorial to commemorate those who lost their lives in later conflicts.