The Devonport Australia Day Awards recognise the achievements of community members and groups who have made a significant contribution to the Devonport community.
The awards reflect values such as the pursuit of excellence, commitment to tolerant and diverse society, a fair go and public service. The 2019 Australia Day Award recipients were:
- Citizen of the Year – Margaret Fay
- Young Citizen of the Year – Chaz and Kai Wilson
- Community Event of the Year – 2018 Toast for Kids Charity Gala Event
More details about the winners can be found here
- Nominated individuals must live in the Devonport municipality.
- Citizen of the Year nominees must be 30 years or older on 26 January 2019.
- Young Citizen of the Year nominees must be under 30 years of age on 26 January 2019.
- Community Event of the Year nominees must have been conducted within the Devonport municipality after 26 January 2018.
- Previous recipients of the awards are not eligible to be nominated for the same award again, however may be nominated for a different award.
- Eligible nominations will be assessed with regards to their contribution to the Devonport community, significant or outstanding achievements, relevant background information and membership of community groups/sporting organisations or other bodies.
Conditions of Entry:
- Nominees must have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the Devonport community over a number of years.
- All nominations are strictly confidential and the information provided will only be used to assist the Devonport City Council in considering the merits of the nomination.
- Self-nomination by individuals or groups will not be accepted.
- Nominations for these awards will be accepted throughout the year.