The Devonport Australia Day Awards recognise the achievements of community members and groups who have made a significant contribution to the Devonport community.
The awards reflect values such as the pursuit of excellence, commitment to tolerant and diverse society, a fair go and public service.
Nominations can be lodged in the categories of Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year and Community Event of the Year and are open from February through to beginning of December 2020.
- Nominated individuals must live in the Devonport municipality.
- Citizen of the Year nominees must be 30 years or older on 26 January 2020.
- Young Citizen of the Year nominees must be under 30 years of age on 26 January 2020.
- Community Event of the Year nominees must have been conducted within the Devonport municipality after 26 January 2019.
- Previous recipients of the awards are not eligible to be nominated for the same award again, however may be nominated for a different award.
- Eligible nominations will be assessed with regards to their contribution to the Devonport community, significant or outstanding achievements, relevant background information and membership of community groups/sporting organisations or other bodies.
Conditions of Entry:
- Nominees must have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the Devonport community over a number of years.
- All nominations are strictly confidential and the information provided will only be used to assist the Devonport City Council in considering the merits of the nomination.
- Self-nomination by individuals or groups will not be accepted.
- Nominations for these awards will be accepted throughout the year.