Devonport will be a thriving and welcoming regional City living lightly by river and sea.
- Strong, thriving and welcoming – Devonport is a regional leader with a strong economy. It is a great place to live, work and play.
- Valuing the past, caring for the present, embracing the future – We have been shaped by a rich cultural heritage and enthusiastically embrace present challenges and future opportunities.
- Engaging with the world – We have an outward focus and send quality products and experiences to the world. We welcome all to share our beautiful City and all it offers.
- Living lightly by river and sea – We live lightly on our valued natural environment of clean rivers, waterways, beaches; rich agricultural land and coastal landscapes, so future generations can also enjoy this special place.
Values & Mission
As an organisation, Devonport City Council works in partnership with all levels of government and local community members to deliver services to the Devonport community.
Devonport City Council is a values based organisation. Values are the underlying attitudes that consistently affect all of our actions and decision-making processes.
We aim to make these values consistent across the entire organisation by the ongoing development of our staff.
- Leadership – We will embrace a culture of equity and leadership founded on respect, professionalism and integrity, to ensure we make strategic decisions today for tomorrow.
- Customer Satisfaction – We will strive to consistently engage and communicate with our internal and external customers to meet desired outcomes.
- Our People – We will respectfully work together by recognising each other’s talents, skills, experience and knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation – We will continually evaluate current practices and changing needs to foster an adaptive and innovative environment.
- Results & Accountability – We will be results focused and take pride in successes and efforts, and be accountable for our actions.
Council puts a great deal of effort into improving Customer Service, with all members of staff required to undergo Customer Service Training and learn the Customer Service Charter.
The Customer Service Charter  sets out the standards of customer service you can expect from Devonport City Council as we aim to deliver a wide range of accessible, high quality services to meet your needs.
A commitment to excellence in leadership and service.