To celebrate International Women’s Day, Devonport City Council is pleased to recognise the contributions and achievements of local women through its ‘Diamonds of Devonport’ recognition program.
The annual program has been created to raise awareness, recognise and honour women who work hard with tenacity, who have made a positive lasting impact. The ultimate goal being to present role models for others to aspire to.
The 2023 International Women’s Day theme is: Embrace Equity - with a focus on creating a gender equal world. As such Diamonds of Devonport nominations are open to female, non-binary and genderqueer people.
Nominations will be accepted in the following categories:
A person aged under 30 years who demonstrates:
- consistent acts of courage, strength, determination and/ or kindness to help and support those around them or
- achievement in their chosen field, passion, or area of interest and has made a positive impact in the community or industry
A person who has overcome personal adversity to make an impact on the lives of others.
A person, usually a long-term volunteer, who:
- works tirelessly, motivates, and inspires others to contribute to the Devonport community or conservation of the natural environment, and/or
- made a lasting contribution towards social, physical, cultural, and/or economic wellbeing of people in Devonport and/or environmental sustainability
A business owner who:
- has taken the entrepreneurial route to create change and demonstrate vision in Devonport, and/or
- has excelled, pioneered and/or mentored to create pathways for future generations, and/or
- has made a positive and lasting impact in their industry and the community/environment, and/or
- has operated a small business over two years old that has seen significant change in growth and profitability over the life of the business
Nominations are open to female, non-binary and genderqueer people. Nominees must live or work within the Devonport municipality. Employees can only be nominated for contributions above or outside their paid role. Previous recipients will not receive a further award unless it is within a different category and is a significant contribution within that different category. Unsuccessful nominees from previous years may be re-nominated however nomination must highlight achievements and/or contributions accomplished after the previous nomination.
Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Groups of people will not be eligible.
Finalists will receive a complimentary ticket to the event announcing the 2023 Diamonds of Devonport and will be advised of the outcome of their nomination upon closing of the nomination period.
Nominations close Monday 9am, 20 February 2023.