Breakfast in the Park
The Rotary club of Devonport North is again hosting the annual Breakfast in the Park on Friday the 22nd of December from 7.00am to 9.30am.
This year there are a few changes from last year. The main ones are:
- The venue will be a return to our original site, now known as the Commons in Haines Park, opposite the paranaple centre.
- For the first time since we have been operating, we have had to increase our charge to $12 per head for a full cooked breakfast to cover the ever-increasing costs.
- There will not be a free meal for all children under 14, as has been the case in the past. Instead, the price for a full cooked breakfast shall be $12 regardless of age. We are however offering a mini cooked breakfast (hash brown, sausage and egg) to children under 14 for $5.00 a breakfast.
- Anyone who only wants a cold breakfast of cereal and juice will be able to have that for no cost.
- Like last year, we will not be selling bottles of champagne.
The booking system we established last year remains as the manner by which tables may be booked. However, if anyone is unable to use that system, they can call Mark Temple-Smith on 0418337104 to reserve a table for them.
By way of a refresher, I again set out the way in which tables are to be booked and paid for.
To book please go to the club’s website on this link – https://www.rotarydevnorth.org.au/events
Please note that the bookings will open on Monday the 23rd of October. Once there select “book a table” next to “Breakfast in the Park”. That will take you to the page to enter the number of people who want a full cooked breakfast, the number of people under 14 years who will want a mini cooked breakfast and the number of people who want a seat at the table but who will not want a cooked breakfast (no charge). After completing that please select “checkout” and you will be taken to a page where you will need to complete various fields (name, email etc) and then pay the required amount online. There is an additional fee of $0.30 per person being the administration charge we must pay for website hosting.
Our preference is payment in full when booking the table but if that is not possible for all people payment on the day will still be possible. However, we need table bookings to be completed by the 12th of December. Any bookings not made by then will not have a dedicated table set aside for them but walk ups on the day will still be accepted until the available spare tables are full.