About The Program:
The Little Gallery is named in honour of Jean Thomas who set up the first public gallery on the North West Coast of the same name in 1966.
The Little Gallery Program is a yearly schedule of exhibitions at the Devonport Regional Gallery featuring works by emerging and early career Tasmanian artists.
The Little Gallery Program promotes the work of Tasmanian artists who:
- Demonstrate experimentation in 2D and 3D art forms
- Engage with critical thinking about their practice
- Demonstrate vision and progression in their practice
Exhibitions will be displayed in the Little Gallery space of the paranaple arts centre and will run for 4 to 6 weeks throughout 2024.
Artists are invited to present a talk while their exhibition is open.
Unless prior arrangements are made between the Artist and the Gallery, Gallery staff will act as mentors to emerging artists and will advise and assist with the installation of their exhibition. Individual public liability insurance may be required.
The Devonport Regional Gallery promotes and supports professionalism and equity in the arts and pays artists fees regardless of an artist’s status or stage of their career. An exhibition fee is paid once a signed contract is returned to the Gallery and the exhibition is installed.
Mission and Aims:
Applicants are asked to address how their exhibition will enhance the Devonport Regional Gallery’s Mission and Aims.
Regional Gallery will provide an exhibition program of the highest standard for the benefit, pleasure, and participation of the community and to promote inspiration and knowledge for our diverse audiences.
The Devonport Regional Gallery aims to enhance public understanding and enjoyment of visual art, craft, and design through the delivery of a high quality and engaging exhibition, education, and events program that promotes and interprets the work of Tasmanian arts practitioners in a national context.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- To enter, Artists must reside in Tasmania since 1 August 2021.
- Projects must not have been exhibited before and should be recent (no more than 12 months old).
- Entrants are considered as emerging artists (if unsure, please contact gallery to discuss).
- Entries representing partnerships between individuals and group collaborations will be accepted as long as all parties meet conditions of entry.
- Entrants have not exhibited as part of this program before.
- Devonport City Council employees and their family members, as well as DCC Public Art Advisory Committee and DRG Advisory Committee members, are ineligible to enter the Program.
THE LITTLE GALLERY APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed the application form.
- One page Artist CV
- Up to 10 images of recent artwork as jpeg files
Application Closes: Closed