Bike Riding in Devonport
Devonport City Council is committed to making bike riding more accessible and safer for everyone. We do this through maintaining a network of bike lanes and paths, community education and promotion.
Bike Riding Routes
The following bike riding routes currently exist within Devonport:
- The Great Foreshore Ride - A 12km route stretching from Quoiba in the south, past the city foreshore and Mersey Bluff, to the Don River in the west.
- River Road Link - A safe and attractive route for bike riding between the Highway Bridge and Ambleside, with a combination of paths and bike lanes.
- East Devonport Connections - Links to the main shopping centre, primary school and foreshore path, utilising bike lanes in Wright Street and paths in Thomas Street & Tarleton Street.
Bike racks are available in a number of key locations throughout the City, including:
- Rooke Street Mall, Devonport
- Near Harris Scarfe, Best Street, Devonport
- Near Bus Interchange, Rooke Street, Devonport
- Near Formby Hotel, Rooke Street, Devonport
- Near EB Games, Rooke Street, Devonport
- Near Cmax Cinemas, Devonport
- Near Devonport Visitor Information Centre, Formby Road, Devonport
- Near Australia Post, Stewart Street, Devonport
- William Street, Fourways
- Mersey Bluff Reserve