Bike Riding in Devonport
Devonport City Council is committed to making bike riding more accessible and safer for everyone. We do this through maintaining a network of bike lanes and paths, community education and promotion.
Bike Riding Routes
The following bike riding routes currently exist within Devonport:
- The Great Foreshore Ride - A 12km route stretching from Quoiba in the south, past the city foreshore and Mersey Bluff, to the Don River in the west.
- River Road Link - A safe and attractive route for bike riding between the Highway Bridge and Ambleside, with a combination of paths and bike lanes.
- East Devonport Connections - Links to the main shopping centre, primary school and foreshore path, utilising bike lanes in Wright Street and paths in Thomas Street & Tarleton Street.
Road Safety Bike Park
A Road Safety Bike Park is located in Pioneer Park, East Devonport, which is a safe & fun environment in which children can ride their bike and learn the road rules and conditions they will encounter whilst using their bicycles on the road network.
Bike racks are available in a number of key locations throughout the City, including:
- Rooke Street Mall, Devonport
- Near Harris Scarfe, Best Street, Devonport
- Near Bus Interchange, Rooke Street, Devonport
- Near Formby Hotel, Rooke Street, Devonport
- Near EB Games, Rooke Street, Devonport
- Near Cmax Cinemas, Devonport
- Near Devonport Visitor Information Centre, Formby Road, Devonport
- Near Australia Post, Stewart Street, Devonport
- William Street, Fourways
- Mersey Bluff Reserve