PUBLIC EXHIBITION – DRAFT DEVONPORT LOCAL PROVISIONS SCHEDULE. CLICK HERE  TO ACCESS FURTHER INFORMATION
Discretionary planning permit applications are made under section 57 of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993. These are applications which Council has the discretion to either approve or refuse based upon compliance with the requirements of the planning scheme.
Discretionary planning permit applications are subject to a mandatory public notification process which includes a 14-day public exhibition period where any person may inspect the application. The details for each application is made available for viewing:
- in the paranaple centre at 137 Rooke Street, Devonport (plans are displayed on the Ground Floor adjacent to the Customer Service desk); and
- online via Council’s website (see the below list of permit applications currently on exhibition).
Representations (e.g. written submissions) on discretionary planning permit applications can be made during the public exhibition period and may either be in support of or against what is proposed by the application. You have until the submission closing date specified for each application in which to lodge a representation with Council. Representations received after the close of the public exhibition period cannot be accepted.
Representations can be submitted:
- online via the following link on Council’s website (click here );
- via email to email@example.com ; or
- by mail to PO Box 604, Devonport Tasmania 7310.
(Please note that representations submitted via email or mail should be addressed to the General Manager and reference the relevant planning permit application number).