Devonport City Council is a values based organisation. Values are the underlying attitudes that consistently affect all of our actions and decision-making processes.
We aim to make these values consistent across the entire organisation by the ongoing development of our staff.
- Leadership – We will embrace a culture of equity and leadership founded on respect, professionalism and integrity, to ensure we make strategic decisions today for tomorrow.
- Customer Satisfaction – We will strive to consistently engage and communicate with our internal and external customers to meet desired outcomes.
- Our People – We will respectfully work together by recognising each other’s talents, skills, experience and knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation – We will continually evaluate current practices and changing needs to foster an adaptive and innovative environment.
- Results & Accountability – We will be results focused and take pride in successes and efforts, and be accountable for our actions.
We utilise the Business Excellence Framework to create a culture that contributes to success by integrating Business Excellence principles into our every day operations.
Council also puts a great deal of effort into improving Customer Service, with all members of staff required to undergo Customer Service Training and learn the Customer Service Charter.
The Customer Service Charter sets out the standards of customer service you can expect from Devonport City Council as we aim to deliver a wide range of accessible, high quality services to meet your needs.
A commitment to excellence in leadership and service.