TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLICATION FOR CASUAL USE OF A RECREATION GROUND
- All charges in relation to hire must be paid in full by the due date, unless the Council has approved suitable arrangements.
- If you require the use of change rooms, toilets, canteens or meeting rooms you may be required to collect a key from the Devonport City Council Operations Centre at 44 Lawrence Drive, Devonport. It is the responsibility of the applicant to clean the change rooms after use. The change rooms must be left clean and tidy, failure to do so will incur any costs associated with the cleaning of rooms.
- The Council reserves the right to approve the use of the facility by other persons at any time not specified in this application at any time when the facility is not required for use by the hirer.
- The Council may require the hirer to make available any building or facility on the ground to another hirer where such building or facility is not the property of the hirer. This may include removal of goods and chattels of the hirer if deemed necessary.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel the hirers use of a facility on a date shown in this application in the event of the facility being required for an extraordinary function or extraordinary use.
- The Council reserves the right to close a ground for use, or redirect users to an alternate ground where in the opinion of the Manager of the Operations Centre or their delegate, conditions render the ground unsuitable for use.
- The hirer shall not do, or neglect to do, or permit to be done or left undone, anything that will affect the Council’s Insurance Policy or Policies relative to fire or public risk in connection with the hire of the facility and the hirer hereby agrees to indemnify the Council to the extent that such policies are affected by commission or omission.
- The hirer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified and to hold harmless the Council, its servants and agents and each of them from and against all actions, claims, charges, expenses and damages whatsoever which may be brought about or made or claimed against it by any of them arising out of or in any way related to the use of this facility.
- The hirer shall at all times during the allocated period of hire insure and keep insured with an insurance company approved by the Council against public risk for an amount of not less than $20 million.
- The hirer shall not produce, or perform, or suffer to be produced or performed at the facility any dramatic, musical or other work in infringement of the copyright, or performing right of any owner of such rights, and it shall be a condition and term of this hiring that the hirer indemnifies Council against any claim for breach of copyright during such hiring, and any costs incurred in connection therewith.
- No intoxicating liquor is to be served, or sold in association with this hiring unless the necessary approval has been obtained from Council and evidence of Licensing Commission permits are produced. The hirer is to strictly observe wet and dry areas stipulated on the permit.
- The use of portable soccer goal posts must comply with the Standards Australia document AS4866.1-2007.
- The hirer shall ensure an inspection, to remove any waste or hazards that have evolved during the hire period, is carried out before departing the facility. Failure to do so will incur any costs associated with the cleaning of the facility.