Located in East Devonport, Pioneer Park is 1.7 Hectares of public open space.
Things to see and do
- Walk around the park
- Ride around the Bike Safety park
- Skate or scoot the skate park
- Play in the playground
- View the heritage gravestones in the Pioneer Park Cemetery
- Have a BBQ using the facilities, or a picnic on the grass
- Stop for a rest before getting on, or when coming off the Spirit of Tasmania
History of Pioneer Park
There are two known cemeteries which we originally established in Pioneer Park, being the Church of England Cemetery, known as Torquay-God’s acre (North West Post, 1888) and Wesleyan Cemetery located along Wright Street. Learn more about these cemeteries here.
The parcel of land located at 17a Thomas Street, formally known as Apex Park, was transferred to Council from Crown on 13 October 2021.