To provide assistance to individuals who are performing, competing or representing the Devonport local government area at national or international competitions, conferences and events.
These guidelines should be read with council’s Financial Assistance Policy. You can view the policy at www.devonport.tas.gov.au/Council/Council-Policies 
Financial Assistance Type
Individual Development Grants
Up to $100 per individual or $250 per team
Applications assessed every month. Closes midnight on the last day of the month.
Who can apply?
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria:
- have been a permanent resident in the Devonport local government area for at least the preceding 12 months,
- Are representing the region by performing, competing or presenting at national or international competitions, conferences or events,
- Be selected by a recognised governing body (or equivalent) to attend. A letter of selection must be provided,
- Have met acquittal conditions for previous Council funding and have no debt to Council; and
- Hold amateur status.
- In addition to the above, applications for sporting events must be competing in:
- Official national and international championships, recognised by a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that is endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission; and
- Applicants must be selected by an official Tasmanian or Australian team, endorsed by the relevant National Sporting Organisation (NSO).
For non-sporting applications, the assessment panel will confirm the status of the selecting body.
Low priority is given to applicants who have been funded in the past 12 months.
Items Eligible for funding
Funding is for expenses to attend an activity, including:
- Entry fee
The delivery of the Individual Development Grants is subject to annual budget allocations.
The program is open all year, dependent on budget availability.
Applications can be lodged at any time and will be assessed on a monthly basis.
The online application form is available here  and must be completed in the prescribed manner.
Applications will be acknowledged within five working days. If not acknowledged please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Requests for Individual Development Grants are to be assessed in accordance with the above guidelines. Fully complete applications will be assessed and considered by the Financial Assistance Working Group. The Council’s decision is final, and no further correspondence shall be entered into. Once assessed applicants will be informed of their success or otherwise in gaining assistance.
Send a brief report and an image to email@example.com following the Competition/Conference or Events completion.