The purpose of Devonport Community House is to build capacity in the local area.
It has three goals:
- Building Community
- Supporting People and their Families
- Enhancing Choices
We believe people survive and thrive if socially connected.
Devonport Community House Services
- Photocopy service – charges apply
- Information – plenty of up-to-date information on local services, activities and health issues
- Library – borrow books of interest covering topics such as craft, self-help, children, relationships, health, government information and women’s magazines
- NILS Agency – Centrelink clients can apply for essential household items interest free
- Activities and support groups (youth, adults, seniors)
- School Holiday Activities
Our Vision – A social hub providing opportunities for the community
Devonport Community House utilises community development to provide opportunities to participate or volunteer in a range of social and educational activities. Experiences aimed at skill development, early learning, health and wellbeing whilst participating in the affairs of the community are offered.
Devonport Community House facilitates:
- Devonport Community Garden
Open weekdays with group plots and social gatherings. Volunteer morning Thursday, 9.30am – 12pm.
- The Devonport Playhouse
A drop-in centre for parents/carers of 0-5 year olds.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30am – 12pm
Baby Play (Under 12 months only) Thursdays 10am – 12pm
- The Food Shed
Open 2 – 3pm weekdays and offering fresh fruit and vegetables and day old bread.
Pesticide-free produce fravailable.om the community garden available.
What’s on at the House
To find out what’s going on at the house email us and we will send you a copy of our monthly event calendar