Loading Zones are parking areas set aside for short-term use by vehicles when loading or unloading goods in the course of business. A bus may also use a Loading Zone to set down or pick-up passengers.
The time limit for all loading zones in Tasmania is 30 minutes as set by the Road Rules 2009 Regulation 179. Council’s may choose a shorter time and, if so, display this on the sign.
Loading Zones are located in a number of strategic locations throughout Devonport’s commercial areas:
- 17 Best Street, Devonport
- 44 Stewart Street, Devonport
- In Rooke Lane, 18 Edward Street, Devonport
- of 5 Wenvoe Street, Devonport (near the corner of Steele Street)
- In the Fourways Car Park, Devonport
- 142 William Street, Devonport
- On Oldaker Street, near the corner of William Street, Devonport
Your vehicle is able to use Loading Zones if it falls into one of the classes of vehicle below:
(a) a public bus that is dropping off, or picking up, passengers; or
(b) a truck or service vehicle, together with any trailer that it may be towing, that is dropping off, or picking up, goods in the course of business
For further information about loading zones please visit the Department of State Growth website .