If you’re a Devonport resident receiving an aged, service or disability pension and also the registered owner of a vehicle, you are entitled to a free parking permit.
To arrange for your parking permit please visit Council. You’ll need to provide proof of your address, your pension status and a copy of your vehicle registration papers.
If you are unsure of your eligibility please contact us by phone on 03 6424 0511 or online.
50 Year Rate Payer Concession
At the Council meeting on 20 December 2021, Council determined to provide a parking concession to those residents who have paid rates in Devonport for more than 50 years, that do not currently qualify for the pensioner parking permit.
The requirement to prove eligibility for this concession will be the responsibility of the ratepayer.
To be able to prove that you are eligible you must provide evidence that you have paid rates on a residential property for 50 years or more.
The following evidence will be accepted to prove eligibility:
- Rates notice/receipts; and/or
- Purchase documentation or sale documentation with dates; and/or
- Print out from the Land Titles Office.
Apply for Pension Concession Parking Permit
Use this form to apply for a concession parking permit
Apply for 50 Year Rate Payer Concession Parking Permit
Use this form to apply for a 50 Year Rate Payer parking permit.
Parking Permits Conditions of Use
To ensure a fair system for all, we request that you observe the following conditions:
- Failure to comply with the conditions of use will result in a parking infringement notice being issued and the permit may be cancelled
- Each permit entitles the person, to whom they are issued, free parking in any Council Car Park (except for the CBD Multi-level) or in any street metered parking space, subject to the same conditions applied to all users of Council Car Parks and metered spaces
- The permit is valid for the time limit displayed on the sign, so parking meters in Devonport either have a one hour time limit or a four hour time limit and pay and display voucher Car Parks have no time limit, the only two exceptions being Formby Road Car Park and Edward Street Car Park. After the time limit has lapsed your vehicle must be moved to another area.