Drop a line in the river
Devonport’s location on the Mersey River means there’s always fun to be had – either dropping a line in the river or taking a boat out to explore our waterways.
- Mussel Rock – The fenced platform makes for a great fishing spot, with fishing rod holders and seating nearby. Mussel Rock is located off Victoria Parade, on the western foreshore of the Mersey River, adjacent to Roundhouse Park.
- Reg Hope Park  – A fenced platform near the East Devonport Julie Burgess  mooring makes for great fishing,
- Bluff Headland & Mersey River shoreline
- Mersey River western shore breakwater – off the fenced platform
- Don River
- Mersey River eastern shore breakwater – north of the ferry terminal
There are two public boat ramps located in Devonport:
- Horsehead Creek Riverside Park – features a floating pontoon, located on the western shore of the Mersey River in West Devonport, south of the CBD, off Devonport Road.
- Victoria Parade Boat Ramp – Located off Victoria Parade on the western shore of the Mersey River, between Lower Madden Street and Parker Street.