Maritime Trail Weekend
The Australian Wooden Boat Festival is hosting a Maritime Trail to be held statewide, showcasing the rich maritime heritage and culture within Tasmania.
Visit the Bass Strait Maritime Centre and experience (weather and COVID-19 restrictions dependent):
- a rope making demonstration.
- maritime story telling.
- artwork on display by local school children.
- a ship to shore conversation using signal flags with the Julie Burgess tall ship as she sails past.
- a take-home bag of children’s activities (limited number).
- a “Float your Boat” competition – in conjunction with the Devonport Art Gallery’s Home Is Where the ‘Art Is. Children bring their home-made boats in to test in a pool.
The Julie Burgess tall ship will be sailing past over the course of the weekend and will hold an Open Ship on Saturday for visitors to go onboard and explore while she is docked at the wharf.
Image Credit: Peter Higgins