Have your say on the draft Devonport Sports Infrastructure Master Plan 2035.
The Devonport Sports Infrastructure Working Group is seeking your input on the Plan’s guiding principles and improvements suggested to public sports facilities in Devonport.
Feedback will be used to help finalise the Master Plan which will establish a strategic direction for sports infrastructure over the next 15-plus years.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey, your input is valued and will be used to help shape the future of sports facilities in Devonport.
A hard copy of the survey can be downloaded from here or collected from Council’s Customer Service, level 2 paranaple centre, 137 Rooke Street, Devonport.
The draft Master Plan can be viewed via the links below:
The draft Sports Infrastructure Master Plan is presented in two parts.
Part A. Key Findings and Projects includes:
- Key findings
- Master Plan vision and guiding principles to inform recommendations
- Prioritised Master Plan projects for each precinct supported by rationale
- Implementation plan listing future projects by priority with capital and operational cost estimates
- Context includes:
- Relevant socioeconomic data, consultation outcomes, details of each sports precinct, and a summary of Devonport City Council investment in sports facilities.
- Analysis of sports participation and facility demand across 21 sports and 9 sporting precincts.
The Devonport Sports Infrastructure Master Plan provides a framework to develop public sports infrastructure that supports wider community participation in sport, health, and wellbeing activities to 2035 and beyond.
To guide project development, Council established a Master Plan Working Group in July 2020 with representatives from local and state sporting organisations (Devonport Cricket Club, Devonport Netball Association, Devonport City Football Club, Basketball Tasmania, Tennis Tasmania), Communities Tasmania, Council elected members and staff.
The Plan considers improvements required to infrastructure that enables or facilitates organised sports activities. This includes:
- Outdoor sport facilities including playing fields, ovals, and courts
- Indoor sport facilities
- Multi-use sporting hubs
- Amenities and facilities associated with the above
The Master Plan includes the following facilities or ‘precincts’:
- Meercroft Park (includes Devonport Tennis Club & Eugene Street Ground)
- Byard Park
- Devonport Oval
- Devonport Recreation Centre
- East Devonport Recreation & Function Centre
- Girdlestone Park
- Maidstone Park
- Valley Road Football Centre
- Don Recreation Ground
The final Devonport Sports Infrastructure Master Plan will be used by Council to guide the future investment in sports facilities.