Terms and Conditions of Hire
- All Charges in relation to hire must be paid in full by the due date, unless the Council has approved suitable arrangements.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel the hirer’s use of the Meercroft Park Pavilion on a date shown in this application in the event of the Pavilion being required for an extraordinary function or extraordinary use.
- The Council reserves the right to close the Meercroft Park Pavilion for use, or redirect users to an alternate ground/centre where, in the opinion of the Council staff, conditions render the Centre unsuitable for use.
- The hirer shall not do, or neglect to do, or permit to be done or left undone, anything that will affect the Council’s insurance Policy or Policies relative to fire or public risk in connection with the hire of the Meercroft Park Pavilion and the hirer hereby agrees to indemnify the Council to the extent that such policies are affected by commission or omission.
- The hirer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified and to hold harmless the Council, its servants and agents and each of them from and against all actions, claims, charges, expenses and damages whatsoever which may be brought about or made or claimed against it by any of them arising out of or in any way related to the use of the Meercroft Park Pavilion .
- The hirer shall at all times during the allocated period of hire insure and keep insured with an insurance company approved by the Council against public risk for an amount of not less than $20 million.
- The hirer shall not produce, or perform at the Meercroft Park Pavilion any dramatic, musical or other work in infringement of the copyright, or performing right of any owner of such rights, and it shall be a condition and term of this hiring that the hirer indemnifies Council against any claim for breach of copyright during such hiring, and any costs incurred in connection therewith.
- No intoxicating liquor is to be served, or sold in association with this hiring unless the necessary approval has been obtained from Council and evidence of Licensing Commission permits are produced. The hirer is to strictly observe wet and dry areas stipulated on the permit.
- The hirer shall ensure an inspection, to remove any waste or hazards that have evolved during the hire period, is carried out before departing the facility. Failure to do so will incur any costs associated with the cleaning of the facility.