Maps & Visitors Guides
Arts Culture & Heritage
Home & Property
Facilities & Services
Home » Council » Forms and payments » Business Forms » Application for a Temporary Closure of a Public Street
Issued under the Local Government (Highways) Act 1982
For any queries on your road closure, please contact Council’s Risk Department on 03 6424 0511
This application must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your proposed closure.
Please detail below all roads and carparks that you would like closed/restricted and include specific details for each one. If you have indicated you would like Council to publish this information on your behalf, this information will be used as the wording for your public notice
NOTE: Charges may apply for car park closures, refer to Council's Customer Services Coordinator. If you would like to close more than one car park, please submit another application.
1. Copy of the certified Traffic Management Plan and map
2. Copy of the letterbox notification to nearby residents/businesses
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) The Council reserves the right to cancel the applicant’s use of a road on a date shown in this application in the event of the road being required for an extraordinary function or extraordinary use.
(2) The applicant shall not do, or neglect to do, or permit to be done or left undone, anything that will affect the Council’s Insurance Policy or Policies relative to fire or public risk in connection with the closure of this road and the applicant hereby agrees to indemnify the Council to the extent that such policies are affected by commission or omission.
(3) The applicant agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified and to hold harmless the Council, its servants and agents and each of them from and against all actions, claims, charges, expenses and damages whatsoever which may be brought about or made or claimed against it by any of them arising out of or in any way related to the closure of this road.
(4) Ensure an inspection to remove any waste or hazards that has evolved during the road closure is carried out before reopening the road or area.
(5) The applicant shall at all times during the allocated period of use insure and keep insured with an insurance company approved by the Council against public liability for an amount of not less than $20 million.