Devonport City Council is inviting nominations for a Sports Infrastructure Master Plan Working Group.
The Master Plan aims to provide a clear direction for the development of Council-owned sport and recreation infrastructure over the next 15 years.
At a minimum, the Sports Infrastructure Master Plan is expected to provide:
- An assessment of future sporting infrastructure required to support sporting trends.
- Recommendations for high-level changes to coordination, management and/ or use of sporting infrastructure and facilities.
- A prioritised action plan supported by preliminary concept plans and indicative budget estimates.
The Master Plan will not consider sport and recreation program development, passive recreation facility development (e.g. facilities in public open space), sports club development and capacity building and day-to-day operational management of facilities.
The Working Group will:
- Provide advice and recommendations on further engaging the community and stakeholders in plan development.
- Assist in developing and prioritising plan objectives and actions.
- Consider options to resource plan implementation (e.g. partnerships, grants etc).
- Review the draft and final master plan document and recommend to Council for adoption.
- Support, promote and undertake a general advocacy role for the plan and ;
- Act as a conduit between Council and the community.
It will include representatives with a high-level knowledge and/or experience in sport and recreation planning or development.
Three members will be drawn from the business/ general community, two from peak sporting bodies and one from the State Government.
Two Councillors will also be appointed.
The Terms of Reference and nomination form for Working Group membership can be found below and also on Council’s website at the Speak Up Devonport Page. An electronic copy of the EOI form can also be found there.
Nominations close 5 p.m. Wednesday 8 July 2020.
Nigel Tapp |Media & Communications Officer Devonport City Council
03 6424 0562 | 0427 132 972 |email@example.com