In Devonport you’ll find everything you need for business success.
As the land gateway into Tasmania and the epicentre of significant infrastructure investment, Devonport is transforming into a place of growth and long-term prosperity.
The $250M LIVING CITY, funded through a mix of private and public investment, is rejuvenating Devonport and includes a new arts complex, an 800-seat convention centre, a 4.5 star hotel, inviting waterfront outdoor spaces, and a Food Pavilion showcasing Tasmanian produce. A new business and office precinct is also being established in the Southern CBD. On completion, the project will:
- Generate over $112M in additional output annually
- Provide 830 full time on-going operational jobs
- Plus an additional $10.91M annually in retail expenditure by new employees, residents, and visitors
Devonport has a diversified economy based on the traditional sectors of Retail Trade, Health Care and Social Services, Manufacturing, and Freight. With LIVING CITY, Devonport is emerging as the service, retail, tourism and cultural capital of North West Tasmania. This is creating rapidly growing opportunities in our traditional sectors as well as Accommodation and Food Services, Education, Construction and Professional Services industries – Devonport is now a compelling option for business investment.
- Devonport has passenger and freight ports, which handle a considerable proportion of Tasmanian imports and exports.
- Devonport Airport is the third largest in Tasmania, providing daily flights to Melbourne Tullamarine.
- Devonport is on the doorstep of North West Tasmania’s fresh produce namely: dairy, floriculture, fruit, vegetables, meat and aquaculture. The proximity to mainland markets and with its outstanding natural scenery draws visitors from all over the world. The ‘food industry’ is a major asset – an attractor, which is building economic prosperity for the City.
- Low costs – land and property values, including commercial rentals, are some of the most affordable in all of Australia’s regional cites.
- Skilled, diverse workforce, innovative by nature.
- Enviable lifestyle.
Devonport City Council will continue to invest in public infrastructure and seek investment partners to help grow sustainable industries and businesses throughout the City.
For further assistance please contact Council and speak with one of our helpful Economic Development staff.