Welcome! This is the place where you will find all the latest, up to date information about the Devonport Aquatic Centre redevelopment. Each month we will provide you with an update on how this project - the biggest captial project undetaken by Council ever - is progressing.
Located amongst the Don Reserve at the western end of Steele Street, the Devonport Aquatic Centre is in a beautiful setting for everyone to enjoy through water activities, picnics, or get togethers with friends and family. A number of facilities are available to suit all your needs:
- Outdoor 50m pool heated to 28 degrees
- Toddlers play area and pool heated to 30 degrees
- Learn to Swim 15m pool
- Waterslide and Ocean Challenger for the adventurous side!
- Volleyball net
- BBQ facility and picnic shelter
- Kiosk stocked with hot food, drinks, confectionary and snacks
- Hot showers, change room and toilet facilities
- Bike and running tracks surround the centre
We are in the process of redeveloping our Aquatic Centre to include a new indoor facility, which will house:
- An 8 lane 25m indoor lap pool
- Warm water program pool/learn to swim pool
- Indoor toddler pool with beach access
- Gymnasium and program rooms
The Devonport Aquatic Centre will be closed during the construction period and will reopen in December 2013.
Mersey Bluff Beach
Accessed via Bluff Road, the Mersey Bluff Beach is the only beach in Devonport patrolled by volunteer surf lifesavers (summer months only). Located in the iconic Mersey Bluff Precinct, this beach is a popular spot for residents and holiday makers. A kiosk is located nearby, as is a children's playground. Other nearby facilities include public toilets and change rooms, sealed walking and cycling track, electric barbecues, picnic shelters, car parks, skateboard facility, sports ground and the Soundshell concert stage.
Accessed via Coles Beach Road, Coles Beach is another very popular spot for beach goers. Nearby facilities include public toilets, sealed walking and cycling track, electric barbecue, picnic shelters, car park and an outdoor shower.
East Devonport Beach
Accessed via Melrose Street, this beach proves popular for the residents of East Devonport. Nearby facilities include public toilets, sealed walking and cycling track, electric barbeque's, picnic shelter, car park and caravan park.