Fishing & Boating
Devonport's location on the Mersey River means there's always fun to be had - either dropping a line in the river or taking a boat out to explore our waterways.
- Mussel Rock - The fenced platform makes for a great fishing spot. Mussel Rock is located off Victoria Parade, on the western foreshore of the Mersey River, adjacent to Roundhouse Park.
- Bluff Headland & Mersey River shoreline
- Mersey River western shore breakwater - off the fenced platform
- Don River
- Mersey River eastern shore breakwater - north of the ferry terminal
There are two public boat ramps located in Devonport:
- Horsehead Creek Riverside Park - features a floating pontoon, located on the western shore of the Mersey River in West Devonport, south of the CBD, off Devonport Road.
- Victoria Parade Boat Ramp - Located off Victoria Parade on the western shore of the Mersey River, between Lower Madden Street and Parker Street.