What you need to know about plumbing approvals

Building Act 2016 and Building Regulations 2016

The Building Act 2016 and Building Regulations 2016 detail the legislative requirements associated with building and plumbing work in Tasmania.

These legislative requirements and associated codes apply to anyone who undertakes plumbing work.

Further information is available at www.justice.tas.gov.au.

Plumbing Approval Applications

Prior to any plumbing work commencing the Property Owner is required to submit a Plumbing Application with detailed Plans and Required Documents to the Council. Work cannot commence until the Plumbing Approval has been issued and all associated Application Fees have been paid.

Required Documents

Please refer to The Directors Specified List here(PDF, 364KB).

When lodging a plumbing application you may be required to obtain a Certificate of Certifiable Works from TasWater or provide a Form 78 Assessment of Certifiable Works Certificate (Building and Plumbing work)(DOCX, 182KB).

If TasWater issues a Certificate of Certifiable Works a Water and Sewerage Compliance Certificate must be obtained by the owner from Taswater and given to the Council at the completion of the plumbing works to enable Council to issue a Certificate of Completion.

To contact TasWater telephone 136 992 or visit their website.