Do I need a Planning Permit?


The Devonport Interim Planning Scheme 2013 controls use and development within the municipality of Devonport. It contains state and local planning policies, zones, overlays and other provisions that affect how land can be used and developed.

You may require a planning permit for:

  • Construction and works relating to a dwelling.
  • Development of multiple dwellings.
  • Subdivision
  • Demolition or relocation
  • Changing the use of the land or a building.
  • Setting-up a new business or expanding a new business.
  • Carrying-out exterior works to a dwelling located within a Local Conservation Area

In the first instance please contact Council to find out whether you require planning approval for any use or development you might be considering. Council will also give you advice on the information you will need to provide.