Australia Day Awards
The Devonport Australia Day Awards recognise the achievements of community members and groups who have made a significant contribution to the Devonport community.
The awards reflect values such as the pursuit of excellence, commitment to tolerant and diverse society, a fair go and public service. The 2017 Australia Day Award recipients were:
- Citizen of the Year - Maureen Clarke
- Young Citizen of the Year - no award given
- Community Event of the Year - Irish Eyes are Smiling presented by Munnew Day Centre
For more details read our media release here.
Australia Day 2018 Award Nominations are now open
Nominations will be accepted up to 5pm on Wednesday, 6 December 2017.
Download the full guidelines here(PDF, 543KB) . You can nominate online here or fill in a paper nomination form(PDF, 247KB)
You can nominate someone who you consider outstanding in the categories of:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Event of the Year
- Nominated individuals must live in the Devonport municipality.
- Citizen of the Year nominees must be 30 years or older on 26 January 2018.
- Young Citizen of the Year nominees must be under 30 years of age on 26 January 2018.
- Community Event of the Year nominees must have been conducted within the Devonport municipality after 26 January 2017.
- Previous recipients of the awards re not eligible to be nominated for the same award again, however may be nominated for a different award.
- Eligible nominations will be assessed with regards to their contribution to the Devonport community, significant or outstanding achievements, relevant background information and membership of community groups/sporting organisations or other bodies.
Conditions of Entry
- Nominees must have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the Devonport community over a number of years.
- All nominations are strictly confidential and the information provided will only be used to assist the Devonport City Council in considering the merits of the nomination.
- Self-nomination by individuals or groups will not be accepted
- Late nominations will not be accepted.