If you’re living with a disability in Devonport, the services and resources we provide can make a big difference to your quality of life. We’re working with local people with disabilities, families, carers, service providers and support organisations to make Devonport a more inclusive, more welcoming community.
Holders of Disabled Parking Permits are entitled to increased parking timeframes, when the permit holder is leaving the vehicle & the permit is correctly displayed within the parked vehicle.
- 5 Minute Time Zone - stay for a total of 30 minutes
- 30 Minute Time Zone - stay for a total of two hours
- 1+ Hour Time Zone - stay for twice the duration of the time zone
Metered On Street Parking
- Pay for one hour and stay for a total of two hours.
Designated Disability Parking Spaces (both on-street & within Council car parks)
- Park for 90 minutes free (please do not purchase a parking voucher & note that you cannot stay longer than 90 minutes)
- Does not apply to the Best Street Pay As You Leave Car Park
Our Partnership with Devonfield Enterprises
Council leases the cafe operation with the Bass Strait Maritime Centre to Devonfield Enterprises, which provides employment opportunities for people with a disability.