Loading Zones are parking areas set aside for short-term use by vehicles when loading or unloading goods in the course of business. A bus may also use a Loading Zone to set down or pick-up passengers.
Loading Zones are located in a number of strategic locations throughout Devonport's commercial areas:
- In front of 17 Best Street, Devonport (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.30pm)
- In front of 20 Rooke Street, Devonport
- In front of 44 Stewart Street, Devonport (outside Zap Fitness)
- In Rooke Lane, 18 Edward Street, Devonport
- In front of 5 Wenvoe Street, Devonport (near the corner of Steele Street)
- In the Fourways Carpark, Devonport (behind Canoe'n'Surf)
- In front of 142 William Street, Devonport (in front of Champions Choice)
- On Oldaker Street, near the corner of William Street, Devonport (near The Reject Shop)
Your vehicle is able to use Loading Zones if it falls into one of the classes of vehicle below:
- Trucks and prime movers (with a GVM greater than 4.5 tonnes), together with any trailer that they may be towing
- Any other vehicle, including a motor cycle, that permanently displays the name and address of the registered owner, on the right hand side of the vehicle
- A vehicle that holds and displays on its windscreen an Exemption Certificate - Loading Zone label.
For further information about loading zones please visit the Department of State Growth website.