Loading Zones are parking areas set aside for short-term use by vehicles when loading or unloading goods in the course of business. A bus may also use a Loading Zone to set down or pick-up passengers.
The time limit for all loading zones in Tasmania is 30 minutes as set by the Road Rules 2009 Regulation 179. Council’s may choose a shorter time and, if so, display this on the sign.
Loading Zones are located in a number of strategic locations throughout Devonport's commercial areas:
- In front of 17 Best Street, Devonport (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.30pm)
- In front of 44 Stewart Street, Devonport (outside Zap Fitness)
- In Rooke Lane, 18 Edward Street, Devonport
- In front of 5 Wenvoe Street, Devonport (near the corner of Steele Street)
- In the Fourways Carpark, Devonport (behind Canoe'n'Surf)
- In front of 142 William Street, Devonport (in front of Champions Choice)
- On Oldaker Street, near the corner of William Street, Devonport (near The Reject Shop)
Your vehicle is able to use Loading Zones if it falls into one of the classes of vehicle below:
a) a public bus that is dropping off, or picking up, passengers; or
(b) a truck or service vehicle, together with any trailer that it may be towing, that is dropping off, or picking up, goods in the course of business
For further information about loading zones please visit the Department of State Growth website.