In an Emergency


If you have any emergency please call 000.

Bush Fires

For Bushfires call Emergency Services on 000.

You can also view the Tasmania Fire Service website.

TasALERT is Tasmania's official emergency information source.  You can follow them on Facebook or Twitter.

Floods & Storms

Call the Tasmania State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500 or visit their website.

For information on how to prepare for and stay safe during floods and storms visit the Tasmania SES website pages Floodsafe and Stormsafe.

Police Assistance Line

You can report a non-urgent crime by calling the Police Assistance Line (PAL) on 131 444.

Call PAL if any of the following happens:

  • Break, enter and steal
  • Motor vehicle theft
  • Stealing from a motor vehicle
  • Stealing
  • Malicious damage
  • Minor motor vehicle collisions
  • Lost property

Mersey Leven Emergency Management

Devonport City Council is part of the Mersey Leven Emergency Management Committee which co-ordinates responses to emergencies in the region.