Australian Masters Games
The Australian Masters Games is a biennial sporting event that is regarded as one of the premier and largest participation sporting events on the Australian sporting landscape. In 2017 the 16th edition of the Games will be hosted in Tasmania from Saturday 21st to Saturday 28th October.
Registrations are now open - click here.
Become an Australian Masters Games volunteer - click here.
It is expected over 6,000 participants will compete across over 40 different sports.
The Australian Masters Games provide an occasion to:
- make the wider community aware of the benefits of sport;
- encourage and engage the masters sport demographic in ongoing activity that is beneficial to their long term health and wellbeing;
- encourage a positive active lifestyle in the community that is balanced with social outcome and opportunities;
- reaffirm with all levels of sports administration the importance of mature-aged sports people who are seeking opportunities to participate; and
- demonstrate the myriad of attractions of sport: skill, achievement, competition, social interaction, and satisfaction.
The event is open to anyone. The only criteria to compete in the Australian Masters Games is that you must meet the minimum age requirement, which in most sports is 30+ years. It does not impose qualifying standards and welcomes participants from all over the world.
The Australian Masters Games offer participants a wide range of different sports, from softball to athletics to dragon boat to boxing.
This variety of sports on offer provides the opportunity for participants to try a new sport, compete in multiple sports during the week and register as an individual or in a team.
For a list of the sports confirmed to date in the 16th Australian Masters Games please visit the Australian Masters Games website.
Saturday, 21 October 2017 | 12:00 AM
Best Street, Devonport 7310 View Map