Public Art Special Interest Group
The Public Art Special Interest Group meet as required to provide advice on Public Art requests.
- Review and implement the Public Art Policy;
- Identify new opportunities for public art in the City;
- Identify suitable sources of funding and investment strategies for public art development;
- Manage the assessment of public art proposals including recommending the composition of public art assessment panels;
- Assist Council to engage the local Devonport and regional community in public art programs and projects;
- Advocate for public art elements to be incorporated into private and public building development projects.
The Aldermen representatives on the Public Art Special Interest Group include Alderman Alison Jarman, Alderman Tammy Milne and Alderman Jeff Matthews.