Devonport Regional Gallery Special Interest Group
The Devonport Regional Gallery Special Interest Group meets bi-monthly. One of their major projects is the delivery of the biennial Tidal: National Art Award.
The Group also work collectively to:
- Identify the strategic needs/issues and direction of the Devonport Regional Gallery’s plans, programs, infrastructure and services (e.g. Deductible Gift Recipient status, input into feasibility studies, business plans, collection storage etc);
- Provide input and advise on art related policy development;
- Consider recommendations from the Gallery Director for the acquisition of art works;
- Act as ambassadors for the Gallery, actively advocating on behalf of and promoting the Gallery initiatives and the permanent art collection at local, state and national levels;
- Raise awareness of the Gallery’s potential as a visitor attraction and cultural hub within the City;
- Engage the local Devonport and regional community in Gallery exhibitions, activities and programs;
- Support the Council efforts to attract funding and other resources in accordance with identified needs and the strategic direction of the Gallery;
- Provide advice and support to Gallery Director and staff.
The Alderman representative on the Devonport Regional Gallery Special Interest Group is Alderman Alison Jarman.