Building Families Special Interest Group
The Building Families Special Interest Group meets bi-monthly and works collectively to develop a Families and Children's Strategy and co-ordinate Families Week activities.
The Building Families Special Interest Group also:
- Identify the strategic needs/issues and provide advice on the direction of children, youth and family policies, programs, facilities and services;
- Celebrate youth culture and families and assist with coordinating the promotion of children, youth and parenting services and information in Devonport to residents and visitors;
- Work in partnership on the development and implementation of children, youth and family services projects;
- Actively assist with the development of existing and proposed partnerships, encouraging a collaborative approach to enhancing outcomes for children, young people and families in Devonport;
- Support the Council and other group member organisations in their efforts to attract funding and other resources in accordance with identified needs and the strategic direction;
- Encourage the sharing of information, skills, knowledge and resources; and encourage continuous learning to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
The Alderman representative on the Building Families Special Interest Group is Alderman Annette Rockliff.